Nonin 8500 (Pre-Owned)
The Nonin 8500 (Pre-Owned) Handheld Pulse Oximeter is manufactured for measuring and displaying functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2 ) and pulse rate for animals of all sizes. The 8500 unit is intended for continuous monitoring and/or spot-checking of patients when attended by a veterinarian professional.
This device is designed to determine the percentage of arterial oxygen saturation of functional hemoglobin. Factors that
may degrade pulse oximeter performance or affect the accuracy of the measurement include the following:
- Excessive ambient light – venous pulsations
- Excessive motion – anemia or low hemoglobin concentrations
- Electrosurgical interference – cardiogreen and other intravascular dyes
- Blood flow restrictors (arterial catheters, blood pressure – carboxyhemoglobin
cuffs, infusion lines, etc.) – methemoglobin
- Moisture in the sensor – dysfunctional hemoglobin
- Improperly applied sensor – artificial nails or fingernail polish.
- Incorrect sensor type – residue (e.g., dried blood, dirt, grease, oil) in the light
- Inadequate signal path
- When using the monitor in the home, avoid exposing the monitor to lint and dust.